Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Gettin 'dirty'

Plenty of grime to go around. It was suggested to use some Aircraft stripper to get the paint off. I'm on a limited budget, so I'm going the old fashioned way, that- plus I really wanted to occupy my time, so the hard way it is. Sandpaper, grinding wheel and sanding wheel.

A little rough in the rear end. Cut-off the 'helmet lock' and some unused tabs.....
Photobucket
Gettin the old grubby paint and grime off...
Photobucket
As you can see, the "hoops" are now gone. (Once supported the passenger pegs- But this is my bike, and I'll be going solo)
Photobucket
Rear swing arm is also off. Better side view showing the progress with the paint stripping. Next to go is the center stand....
Photobucket
Front view.
Photobucket
Left side. (Sorry for the blurry pics)
Photobucket
Top view.
Photobucket
A better one of the left side. I was considering stripping it down, then shooting clear over it and go with a 'rat' look. But there are way too many imperfections to do that for my liking. So they'll all get filled and painted over.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment