Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Forks and tank clean-up

As with everything on this bike... Everything was either covered with grime, oxidation or en excessive amount of poor-quality paint. (usually some variation of all three)

And, yes. I know the forks need new seals. It's not that I'm too lazy to do it myself- it's that I'd rather have them done at a shop once I get it all put back together..

The forks, disassembled and getting cleaned/brushed....
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The forks all brushed and back in order.....
Photobucket

The gas tank needs to be sealed inside still.... But, after sanding away to no avail due to the incredibly ridiculous amount of brushed on paint that was on the tank, I decided to go with chemical paint removal.... worked out nicely and quick too!
Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment